Eating healthy is actually a lot easier than it looks on social media. The problem today is that we get to much information from to many sources and it’s impossible to figure out what is right and what is wrong. But I can at least give you some pointers in this world of information:
- Drink water: Drinking water is the most important thing, start your day with a glass and drink at least couple of glasses each day.
- Follow a eating schedule: Eating to loose, gain or stay the same weight can be done on several different ways. Some eat 1 time a day, some 8. Some eat a lot 1 day and nothing the next day. The important thing is that you follow close to the same schedule every day. I would recommend eating 4-5 times a day because that is easy to fit in most peoples lives.
- Don’t eat junk food every day: Many times, eating some junk food is not a problem. The problems start when we are eating it every day. Try to limit yourself to once a week or something small once or twice a week.
- Cook your own food: Cooking your own food allows you to know exactly whats in the food, and you save a lot of money. To cook healthy is actually easier then most think, you don’t have to make a fancy vegan meal for it to be healthy. Potatoes, some protein and a fast sallad contains all the good things your need.
- Avoid to much caffeine: Caffeine can be good, but no one “needs” 10 cups of coffee in a day. If you feel like you need caffeine just to get by, something is probably wrong with your diet and you should drink more water. But I’m not saying that caffeine is bad in all situations, a cup in the morning can be good, before a workout, in a long meeting or when you are working late. Just don’t be dependent on caffeine to live your life.
Remember to don’t stress about this things, eating healthy is not rocket science!
Take it as it comes, try to drink more water one day and see how it feels. Change that 6th cup of coffee with water. Try to eat healthier for 4 days and enjoy a pizza on the 5th day. Don’t overthink it, just try to make smart choices every day.